Sunday 3 June 2012

4 Day Weekend - Relaxing... For Most

I'm not going to start by saying the 4 day weekend hasn't been welcomed by most, myself included. In fact I, like many, have taken advantage of the 4 days off, booked 3 "standard" work days off and reaped the rewards of a 9 day holiday with a Jubilee 66% extra free! Fantastic!


Me and my Fiancee have taken the time to see some family, enjoy my nieces birthday and generally enjoy the time off. We even managed to shrug the usual 06:30 alarm this morning and didn't actually get up until double figure hours. Unheard of!  So yes in a way this start of the time off has been quite welcomed and enjoyable.

My only complaint of this is that the house will not progress until Wednesday and we are literally at the last hurdle. This is now two sets of bank holidays that have hindered this process and it's the continued uncertainty that fills a small part of the mind.

I'm not obsessed with this move and as I said we are taking the time to do other enjoyable activities in the meantime that are fantastic. However this time was supposed to be spent arranging carpet measurements and gas services. Instead we will scour the usual places looking at furniture that, in all honest we could purchase, but it's still not final, so there is always that element of doubt.

I hope that you have all enjoyed the weekend and the two days off most of us will get Monday and Tuesday. I'm just hoping those involved with the house are well rested and ready to crack on Wednesday to get this sale complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment