Friday 1 June 2012

It's all fine, let's exchange.... WAIT A MINUTE!!

I was worried when I started this blog, I thought I had left it far too late, we were so deep into the process and the signs were pointing to actually getting something done soon. I didn't think anything would happen today, as per my previous post, but I'm an optimist, after all your lucks gotta change at some point right?


Guess what, today bought that change. The solicitor acting on behalf of the lender was ready to go, all of the additional queries (remember there were 15 and then an additional 5 on top of that!) had been satisfied and we were good to go. We were just waiting on finding out when the funds would be released. After all, it couldn't be that long, the lender had it's finger on the button and the in house solicitor they had employed knew all there was to know.

Then, I get the call. The lender isn't happy, not one bit. We have a hold up. The legal fee's (which are an aside to the mortgage) had been fully settled and my solicitors had put payment method as "CREDIT CARD"! This clearly sent alarm bells ringing for the lender, "What, extra credit, that will affect the payment plans and everything!" (bearing in mind we got a MUCH smaller mortgage than what our multiples would have allowed). We had, of course paid this by DEBIT card and there was no CREDIT involved. All it would take was a simple fax at 11:00 from my solicitor to the lenders solicitor to sort this out and exchange away.  Well, that is if the lenders solicitor would answer calls or check his fax machine.

It's now 10 to 5 and trust me, we aren't exchanging today, AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment